What is Panagbenga Festival?
Baguio City, also known as the “Summer Capital of the Philippines,” is a beautiful mountain resort located in the northern region of the Philippines. Every year, Baguio City celebrates the Panagbenga Festival, also known as the “Flower Festival,” to honor our rich culture and traditions. It is a celebration of the city’s flowers and gardens and takes place in the month of February, one of the most famous festivals in the Philippines.
The name “Panagbenga” comes from the Kankanaey term “panag-benga,” which means “season of blooming.” The festival is a way to honor the city’s rich cultural heritage and natural beauty and to promote tourism in the region.
Not only is the Panagbenga Festival a celebration of our culture and traditions, but it is also an opportunity to showcase the beauty of Baguio tourist spots. From the breathtaking views of the mountains to the quaint streets lined with charming shops and restaurants, Baguio City has something for everyone.
Panagbenga Theme 2023
For the Panagbenga 2023 Panagbenga, the theme will be “𝐀 𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲!“
Panagbenga Festival Costume
The “kakulangan,” a male Igorot costume, is the most popular Panagbenga Festival outfit. The outfit includes a headpiece, loincloth, and breast piece made of handwoven fabric with elaborate beading and other decorations.
Image source: https://images.rove.me/w_740,q_85/leastoy43ze2184iloks/philippines-panagbenga-festival.jpg
The “tapis”—a long, multicolored skirt made of handwoven cloth and decorated with beadwork—is a typical Igorot costume for women. The tapis is usually paired with a “wanes” blouse made of the same handwoven cloth.
During the Panagbenga Festival, the “baro’t saya” and “terno” are other traditional Filipino costumes.
What to expect during PANAGBENGA FESTIVAL 2023
The Panagbenga Festival features a variety of events and activities, including:
- Street dances: Teams of dancers perform traditional and modern dances in the streets of Baguio, dressed in elaborate costumes made of flowers. These dances are usually accompanied by live music.
- Flower floats: Floats decorated with flowers and other natural materials are paraded through the streets of Baguio. These floats are usually accompanied by dancers and other performers.
- Garden shows: Local gardens and parks are opened to the public during the festival, and displays of flowers and other plants are set up for visitors to enjoy.
- Trade fairs and food festivals: Local businesses and vendors set up stalls to sell their products, and food festivals featuring local cuisine are held throughout the city.
- Cultural shows: Traditional dances, music, and other cultural performances are held at various venues throughout the city.
- Cultural workshops: Many cultural workshops are held during the festival, offering visitors the opportunity to learn traditional crafts and techniques.
- Fireworks display: A fireworks display is usually held on the last day of the festival and can be viewed from various points around the city.
About Panagbenga Festival
The Panagbenga Festival takes place in the month of February. The exact dates vary from year to year, so it’s best to check with the Baguio Tourism Office or visit the official Panagbenga Festival website for up-to-date information.
How to participate in the Panagbenga Festival?
There are many ways to participate in the Panagbenga Festival, whether you’re a local resident or a visitor to Baguio. Some ideas include:
- Attending the street dances and other performances: These are open to the public and are a great way to experience the culture and traditions of the city.
- Visiting the garden shows and flower floats: These events are also open to the public and are a great way to appreciate the region’s natural beauty.
- Participating in trade fairs and food festivals: Local businesses and vendors welcome visitors to their stalls, and the food festivals are a great way to try local cuisine.
- Participating in cultural workshops: Many cultural workshops are held during the festival, offering visitors the opportunity to learn traditional crafts and techniques.
Overall, the Panagbenga Festival is a vibrant and exciting celebration of Baguio’s culture and natural beauty, and is a must-see event for anyone visiting the region.
The schedule of activities for Panagbenga 2023 has just been made public. Panagbenga 2023, also known as the Baguio Flower Festival 2023, now has a schedule of events. When the pandemic was at its worst, the Panagbenga festival had to be canceled. Now that the number of cases is steadily going down, despite big events in Baguio City like the Session Road in Bloom and the Lantern Parade, we hope to see Panagbenga return to how it was before the pandemic.
OFFICIAL Panagbenga 2023 Schedule of EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
January 1st, 2023
- Panagbenga Grand Opening Day Parade
January 1-March 5, 2023
- Panagbengascapes Professional Landscaping Competition
January 1-March 5, 2023
- Baguio Blooms A Market Reunion
February 5,12,19 2023
- Panagbenga Sunday’s Showcase
February 11,14,15, 2023
- School-based Flower Arrangement and Landscaping Competition
February 12, 2023
- Handog ng Panagbenga sa Pamilya Baguio
- Let a million flowers bloom
- Panagbenga Kite-Flying Challenge
- Panagbenga Cultural Show
- Panagbenga Fitness Frenzy
February 16-18 2023
- PMA Alumni Homecoming
February 18, 2023
- Panagbenga Cultural Dance Competition
February 19, 2023
- Fluvial Parade and Mardi Gras at the Lake
February 25-26 2023
- Festival Sponsors Row
February 25, 2023
- Grand Street Dance Parade
February 26, 2023
- Grand Float Parade
February 27 – March 5, 2023
- Session Road in Bloom
February 24, 2023
- An Tribute To the father of Panagbenga. Atty. Damaso E. Bangaoet Jr. Statue Unveiling Ceremony
February 24-25, 2023
- Classic golf with a flower tee
March 4, 2023
- Pony Boy’s Day
March 5, 2023
- Ceremony of Awarding and Closing
March 5, 2023
- Grand Aerial Fireworks Show
Panagbenga Festival 2023 Schedule of Activities
Image source: https://www.facebook.com/baguioflowerfestival
Panagbenga 2023 Highlights
Image source: https://pin.it/oUXwjOt
It looks like the traditional highlights of the Panagbenga Festival will be back after being put on hold because of the pandemic. The Grand Street Dancing Parade and the Grand Float Parade will be back for Panagbenga 2023. Both of these events are major draws of the Baguio Flower Festival (also known as the Panagbenga Festival). You also shouldn’t miss the Opening Parade or the Grand Fireworks show at the end of the festival.
Planning your Panagbenga 2023 Trip?
Are you planning a trip to Baguio for the Panagbenga Festival? Here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
- Choose your dates carefully: The Panagbenga Festival takes place in the month of February, but the exact dates can vary from year to year. Make sure to check the official festival website of the Baguio Tourism Office for the most up-to-date information.
- Book your accommodation early: Baguio is a popular tourist destination, especially during the Panagbenga Festival, so it’s a good idea to book your accommodation as early as possible. There are a variety of hotels, inns, and guest houses available to suit different budgets and preferences.
- Plan your travel: Baguio is accessible by air, bus, or car. Several airlines offer flights to Baguio, and there are also several bus companies that offer regular service to the city. If you plan to drive, keep in mind that the roads to Baguio can be winding and narrow, and it may take longer to reach the city than you expect.
- Make a list of the events and activities you want to see: The Panagbenga Festival features a variety of events and activities, so it’s a good idea to make a list of the ones you don’t want to miss. But you are lucky enough to visit our site, we have the most updated complete guide list of Activities & Events for the Panagbenga Festival in Baguio City. This will help you plan your schedule and make the most of your time in Baguio.
- Pack accordingly: Baguio can be quite chilly, especially at night, so make sure to bring warm clothing. It’s also a good idea to bring a reusable water bottle, as you will be doing a lot of walking during the festival.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your trip to Baguio for the Panagbenga Festival is a success!
The Panagbenga Festival is a month-long celebration, typically held in the month of February. However, the exact duration of the festival can vary from year to year. The festival usually begins with an opening ceremony, followed by a series of events and activities that take place throughout the month. The festival typically culminates in a grand parade and a fireworks display on the last day of the celebration. It’s best to check with the Baguio Tourism Office or visit the official Panagbenga Festival website for up-to-date information on the duration of the festival.
Most people prefer to see the Grand street dancing and Grand Float parades. Events like Session Road in Bloom and the Handog ng Panagbenga sa Pamilya Baguio are equally thrilling.
Here are some dos and don’ts for the Panagbenga Festival 2023
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be walking a lot during the festival.
- Bring a camera to capture best memories of the event.
- Respect local customs and traditions.
- Try local cuisine and products at trade fairs and food festivals.
- Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Litter or deface public property.
- Disturb performers or disrupt the events.
- Take photos or videos without permission, especially of performers or private property.
- Bring illegal items. Engage in illegal activities.
- Touch or pick the flowers or plants on display.
By following these dos and don’ts, you can help ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience at the Panagbenga Festival.
Panagbenga Festival History 
Image source: https://pin.it/590BbM5
Resumption of primary events of the Panagbenga Festival for 2023 is an indication that we are moving forward from the negative effects caused by the pandemic. We believe that the festival of celebrations for the Panagbenga Festival will be the return of Baguio City after being crippled by the pandemic. In the end, Panagbenga was conceived to revive the lively Baguio City after a tragic event, and it was the killer earthquake of 1990. In Panagbenga 2023, we hope that the time of blossoming is returning to Baguio, the City of Pines.
Why Visit Panagbenga Festival 2023 in Baguio City
If you are interested in learning more about the Panagbenga Festival and other famous festivals in the Philippines, we invite you to visit our website. Here, you can find more information about the festival, as well as other cultural events and attractions in the Philippines.
We hope that you will join us in celebrating the beauty and diversity of the Philippines at the Panagbenga Festival. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, you’re sure to have a memorable and enjoyable experience. See you there!
Video Production: Video Production NYC